The main objectives of the organisation are as follows:
- Represent the Nepalese community associations of Australia in lobbying and advocating the Australian Federal and State Governments and other stakeholders for greater recognition and benefit of the Nepalese community in Australia;
- Act as a single contact point of its member associations for the Australian Federal and State Governments and other stakeholders;
- Work together with the Australian Federal and State Governments and other stakeholders in the development of a multicultural society in Australia;
- Organize national level workshops/seminars/conferences on important policies and programs affecting the welfare of the Nepalese community in Australia, form common views of the Nepalese community and effectively present them to the stakeholders on behalf of the Nepalese community of Australia;
- Work closely with the peak body of other community organisations for mutual benefits and social harmony among the members of the Nepalese and non-Nepalese communities; and
- Work with the Nepalese Embassy and Nepalese Consulates in Australia to promote mutual interests between Nepal and Australia.